Friday, April 25, 2014

Week 2: Mood boards

For the second week I was tasked with creating some mood boards for the canyon, tripods which we wanted to implement into the level and fighters. I looked at various features of the canyon and surrounding terrain. It seems we can use a lot of the features shown here like the openings and maybe the pillar like structures to populate open areas and make the level more interesting.

Here I looked at four Tripods from games and film, the Strider from half life, the Dark Walker of unreal tournament and both variants of the war of the worlds tripods. considering the scale of the vehicles and limitations of the game I will probably make something similar to the War of the worlds (new) tripod with larger weapons like the dark walker, maybe larger.

For the Fighters I wanted to create something a bit more unconventional in shape, maybe borderline organic, and so I looked at a wide range of smoother looking fighters like the Independence Day locust fighter and Necron Tesseract however I also looked at more angular vehicles like Sith ships if the levels limitations become too much of a strain. From here I have plenty of inspiration to start conception.

No comments:

Post a Comment