Friday, April 25, 2014

Week 3: Conception

Now to concept my vehicles I decided to go for an approach i used in an earlier project where I concepted within Maya rather than do drawings and sketches, I am perfectly capable of drawing out blueprints but this is time consuming and as the first deadline is at the end of the week I decided to cut out the middle man as such and make a series of block-out vehicles to work from. There was one minor setback which I came across, which was that Andy Gs vehicles were far more human looking than I realised so in order
here are the first batch of concepts I did. from left to right we have the initial saucer I did which turned out to not fit Andy's aliens, a bomber, an odd fighter design which was based on the Necron Tesseract which latter became a turret as shown in the next design, a missile U.A.V. drone, a large streamline fighter/bomber, a tripod, and a final scout fighter.

Most of these were dropped or severely re-designed based on feedback from the group. Like the tripod which was made more streamline to emulate an angular version of the War of the Worlds tripod whilst retaining my idea for the cannons. The Turret now has a base to hover on and was given new cannons.

No comments:

Post a Comment