Friday, April 25, 2014

Week 8: Rocks and Bridge

Kyle will continue on with tweaking the canyon walls without me at this stage as we need objects to populate the level more, so I created some pillars similar to those found in the Grand Canyon. my first renditions captured the basic shape of the pillars but are too low poly...

...so after feedback I created these four larger and more detailed pillars which fit in better with the design of the canyon walls, emulating the random erosion often found in the real life pillars.

For the UV texture I separated the top face and base from the main structure to avoid stretching, Rob suggested flattening the UVs out like I did with the canyon walls but having tried it this wasn't  very effective and had serious stretching at the top.

Earlier in the process Adam had the task of creating alien bridges to house the turrets on but I took on this task as he had other tasks to complete. The group was also unhappy with the designs he had posited as they deviated from the bridge idea and were really pipes which we had said wouldn't fit with the rest of the level.
Saying this I did understand where Adam was coming from and incorporated his idea to a degree so as to please everyone without compromise.

Me being given this role actually worked out for the best as I had the most up to date models of the turret so I could work around making them fit on the platforms.

No comments:

Post a Comment